LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 1,600 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
- Contribute at all stages of the full software lifecycle from requirements analysis; through design, coding and unit test; to integrating the software with the hardware target, laboratory-based acceptance test, delivery and maintenance.
- Contribute to the development of the embedded software required to enable the functionality of the company’s IVD instrument.
- Create and maintain a software system that allows the effective set up of experiments, captures experimental data and allows review and analysis of the experimental data.
- Define and execute the required unit testing verification activities needed to demonstrate the software design has met specifications.
- Assist in prototype board debug providing problem analysis, test code if required and solution options.
- Store all software source code, build instructions and special/tools or utilities needed to accomplish the above in a suitably organised GitHub repository.
- Maintain the associated paperwork, logbooks and test reports required to keep a design history of work performed, in line with specified standards and regulations, e.g. IEC 62304, ISO 13485 or FDA 21CFR, part 820
- Ensure compliance with LumiraDx internal quality processes and ensure designs/ideas are compliant with appropriate international standards and guidelines (as above).
- Degree qualified in computer science, software engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Experience as part of a scrum team.
- Experience developing safety critical software or for a highly regulated market.
- Ability to translate requirements into design specifications.
- Proficient in embedded C and have proven experience with; 16/32-bit Microcontrollers, RTOSs, multi-threaded and multi-processor systems, communication protocols (SPI, I2C, TCP/IP).
- Practical experience and in-depth knowledge of an IDE and JTAG debuggers/programmers.
- Use of defect and task tracking software e.g. Jira.
- Experienced with version control systems (SVN / GIT).
- Demonstrable understanding of the role and benefits of Unit Testing and Static Analysis
- Linux as a development target.
- Arm Cortex processor family.
- Practical experience and expertise in interfacing software to electronics (e.g. off board memory, ADC’s DAC’s, Motor controllers, serial ports, SPI, I2C, heater control, PWM, Interrupt Timers, Internal EEPROM, programmable resistors, GPIO expanders, temperature sensors).
- Experience of working in the medical device industry and the application of CE marking directives and applicable device standards.
- Experience in Point of Care and preferably home medical device design.
- Practical experience of the product verification and validation cycle for a medical device.
- Experience of using a task tracking tool, e.g. Jira
- Experience of using a Requirements Management Tool, e.g. Jama
- Experience of working to IEC 62304, ISO 13485, FDA 21CFR, part 820 (or similar).
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information:
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks. Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject. LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY