Scientist 1 Reagents
Manor Loan, Stirling
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 700 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
- Support the development of assay reagents for multiple assays.
- Preparation of antibody coated microparticles and fluorophore-antibody conjugates for multiple assay development teams.
- Involved in the development of new, and improvement of current reagent preparation methods for the production of antibody coated microparticles and fluorophore-antibody conjugates.
- Involved in the development of new, and improvement of current methods for characterisation of reagent performance.
- Execution of appropriate experiments for the purpose of assessing and improving assay reagents.
- Help less experienced members of the team to carry out experiments effectively when required.
- Creating and maintaining quality records (experimental protocols) for the purpose of recording and documenting reagent development progress and associated experiments.
- Testing developed reagents against the required performance requirements.
- Writing and updating lab and project related procedures and documents.
- Raising, investigating and closing quality events to agreed timelines.
- Completing COSHH assessments as and when required.
- Work according to GLP and Design Control.
- Collaborate within a one team ethos throughout Research and Development, scale up and transfer and manufacturing.
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Experience in protein and surface chemistry processes, protein to protein coupling, and protein to surface coupling.
- Experience and knowledge of characterisation techniques used to assess performance of antibody conjugates and microparticles.
- Ability to follow complex bioconjugation protocols accurately and timely.
- Knowledge of immunoassay technology.
- Experience of working in a laboratory operating within GLP guidelines.
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Experience in the use of particle characterisation techniques e.g. flow cytometry, zeta sizer.
- Experience in the use of HPLC and FPLC (AKTA).
- Experience of developing particle-based immunoassays.
- Experience working in an In Vitro Diagnostics regulated environment.
- Experience and understanding of optimisation of reagent stability, assay performance and batch to batch variability.
- Experience in process scale up and characterization.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a biohazard environment.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY