Hardware Test Engineer
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 900 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Lead hardware test engineer, and working as part of the hardware engineering team, the role will be responsible for driving the development of the LumiraDx Point of Care (POC) instrument design from the lab based prototype stage to manufacturing design transfer.
Key Areas Of Responsibility:
- Be aware of project timelines and contribute to the electronics sections of the project plan with relevant tasks and estimated timescales.
- Defining and executing test suites to exercise and characterise system and sub-system functionality and ensure all aspects are fully documented and tested.
- Create robust characterisation and test methods to set tolerances and limits on key technical blocks of the instrument design.
- Provide innovative and robust design solutions to identified problem / high risk design areas.
- Review and critique test design solutions developed by other team members.
- Ensure that the key functional technical blocks of the instrument are developed, tested and iterated in a robust and rapid manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the design complies with regulatory standards including EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971
- Responsible for EMC/ ESD/ EVT and lifetime testing of the product for CE marking.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or similar
- Knowledge of analog and mixed signal components and concepts (ADC, filtering, decoupling, bias voltage/current generation, etc.) and signal integrity on PCB (matching, reflections, etc.)
- Experience building and scaling testing teams
- Experience with using hardware platforms (e.g. processors/ CPLD) and communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, MIPI CSI.
- Working knowledge of automated test tools and scripting languages such as Python, Perl and C/C++ for lab equipment control and data analysis.
- Requirement verification and validation for electro/opto-mechanical software-controlled systems.
- Labview automated software testing advantageous.
- Familiarity with external test houses for EMC/ ESD testing, environmental chambers etc.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards including EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information:
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject. LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
To apply to the role, please click APPLY