Pilot Line Production Scheduler
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
The pilot Line Production Scheduler reports to the Pilot Line Manufacturing Manager. You will contribute to the success of the planning of the pilot line production department by creating production schedules to meet customer requirements and optimise manufacturing efficiencies through effective machine production schedules.
The primary role will be responsible for the scheduling within the production department, with secondary responsibilities of being involved in the manufacture of disposable medical device test strips on a day to day, week to week basis when required.
You will support the Pilot Line Manager and be involved in project work as required.
Key areas of responsibility
- Produce daily and weekly production schedules, including scheduling of raw materials and kitting batches. Effectively manage ad-hoc changes to the production schedule and communicate changes to the production team.
- Communicate with Key stakeholders including Technical Leads and Project Managers to ensure assay teams are provided the test strips that they require.
- Ensure that adequate stock levels are maintained to meet ongoing production requirements, by managing inventory levels and re-ordering of stock items.
- Responsible for all NetSuite P.O purchasing for Pilot Lines including raw materials, printed materials, consumable supplies, new equipment, and spare parts.
- Communicate with suppliers, buyers, main warehouse staff and supply chain to ensure pilot line stock levels are maintained.
- Responsible for communicating with Sub-contract printers to ensure sufficient printed material is available for each batch. Generating print requests for monthly and ad-hoc print runs from all pilot lines and engineering investigations.
- Work with key stake holders in engineering regarding new print designs / print orders required and schedule appropriate pilot line time to allow for build of first off strips for new designs.
- Responsible for maintaining a tidy and well stocked stores area, ensuring that all materials are appropriately labelled with lot numbers and that they are used in order of date of expiry. Ensuring all chemicals are stored safely in accordance to health and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for initiating batch and sub-batch records including the new Electronic Batch Record (EBR) system.
- Responsible for the authorising and maintenance of quality documentation e.g. work instructions and manufacturing batch records.
- Responsible for the correct use of equipment required to fabricate the test strips including laser cutting machines, deposition systems and assembly rigs.
- Initiate a non-conformance form when required.
- Ensure trained on all appropriate procedures.
- Work with managers to implement company policies and goals.
- Ensure that pilot line manufacturing procedures are always followed.
- Work in conjunction with the quality policy and objectives.
- Ensure all new chemicals used in the pilot line have a COSSH report completed and added to health and safety COSSH register. MSDA forms for the pilot line are up to date and uploaded to electronic folder for visibility.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of working within an R&D environment
- Working knowledge of assay strip manufacturing
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY