Development Engineering Technician
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
As part of the growing Development Engineering team, you will be involved in improving, testing and characterising both the device and the testing platform. Your focus will be to support the engineers and scientists in all aspects of the development cycle with a strong emphasis on the development, characterisation and maintenance of POC testing platform.
You will be adding value to the team to successfully develop the next generation Molecular platform assays.
- A ‘hands on’ Technician with experience in a highly regulated industry
- Assemble prototype diagnostics devices and platform by hand as required
- Assemble, update and test POC testing platform hardware
- Carry out test and calibration of various modules on the POC testing platform
- Maintain current POC testing platform used in assay laboratory to high standard
- Use test equipment as required, with an emphasis on calibration and fault finding/mitigation
- Carry out testing assignments following Senior Engineering Team guidance
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant GMP and HSE requirements
- Perform all processes in accordance with Corporate and Local QMS
- Support the Quality Team with the preparation, review and continued development of QMS procedures and work instructions as appropriate
- Support the company ISO 13485 accreditation
- A hands-on Development Engineering Technician with a level of relevant industry experience in a regulated manufacturing environment working to recognised quality standard(s)
- Ability to assemble and test both device and testing platform
- Ability to find fault and remedy accordingly
- Ability to run to completion testing programmes following Senior team guidance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office package
- Able to work in a team environment
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong desire to learn and improve processes and procedures
- Preferably Degree qualified
- Working knowledge of automated test tools and scripting languages such as Python and C/C++ for lab equipment control and data analysis
- Experience of operating within a medical device manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of working with Biohazards
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business.
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY