Material Manager - Fulfillment
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
The position of Material Manager will be based initially at our Springkerse site in Stirling and then will transition to our new site in Bathgate.
Purpose of the role
As an integral member of the Fulfilment and wider Operations Team, you will report directly to the Director of Fulfilment. You will be responsible for running the Warehouse function, which is spread across multiple locations, with a view to supporting the centralisation of these warehouse, ensuring all processes and aspects of compliance are met.
You will be responsible for the implementation and improvement of Material Receipt, Stores and Logistic Processes. You will have supervisory responsibilities for the Material Handling Team. You will ensure that goods are picked and packed correctly, and that the goods leaving the warehouse match the documents enclosed on the shipments. You will ensure Lumiradx are compliant and will ensure the goods planned to leave each day leave on time and in full.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure accuracy of all picking and packing including all customs documentation on despatch goods.
- Ensure accuracy of information flow from warehouse to logistics, customer service & fulfilment.
- Ensure that all goods leave the warehouse on time in full in conjunction with the daily plan.
- Improve and maintain receipt, storage, handling, packaging and logistic processes.
- Maintain a high level of Stock control across various locations.
- Weekly, Monthly & Quarterly Stock takes to be introduced and completed.
- Reporting from the warehouse function to be rolled out. SLA’s to be created and cascaded to the team.
- Ensure all Electronic systems and documentation are adhered to in accordance with Work Instructions and SOP’s.
- Lead the department through various continuous improvement activities to enhance processes and drive down the Cost of Goods.
- Effective management of Department QMS documentation (Quality Events, Change Controls etc.,)
- Maintain an excellent level of housekeeping and organisation within the Warehouse areas using lean and 5S principles and techniques.
- Act as the department interface between the internal stakeholders to manage goods, material movements and appropriate storage according to stock levels and demand fluctuations.
- Aid in the creation and writing of Material Specifications.
- Control the despatch of LumiraDx Finished Product.
- Act as a role model for Compliance, providing support and guidance for direct reports and colleagues
- Ensure adherence to GxP and all relevant regulatory standards including ISO13485.
- Create a positive working environment that acknowledges and pro-actively supports compliance with GxP.
- Proven experience of working in a similar role.
- Stores Management Experience in a Medical Device Environment or related Industry.
- Experience of using an ERP System.
- Proven Track record of Management and Development of People.
- Stores and Inventory Management experience, FIFO, FEFO, Kanban and working with chemicals or controlled materials.
- Assertive, resilient and able to adapt to change in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Experience of using Netsuite.
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY