Data Validation Engineer
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
The position of Data Validation Engineer can be based at our site in Stirling OR Glasgow.
As a Data Validation Engineer you will be responsible for the creation, development and maintenance of validated statistical and analytical scripts within LumiraDx.
You will work closely with the Product Assurance team in order to formalise and validate current scripts being used for analysis, as well as aiding with the development of future analytical scripts. This is with a view to ensuring the use of rigorously validated procedures both within Product Assurance and across technical teams within the business. You will also be responsible for communicating with other technical teams in LumiraDx on the use of these validated procedures and the adherence to data collection best-practices.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Development, benchmarking, and maintenance of LumiraDx internal functions to support development and manufacture of a medical device.
- Support the Product Assurance team in the writing, testing, documentation, and validation of statistical and analytical scripts across in Python, SAS, and other programs as necessary.
- Support the Product Assurance team in the formalisation and verification of existing programs and scripts in order to meet business requirements.
- Write bespoke programs to automate the analysis of laboratory data from source to the production of results, graphical outputs and detailed reports.
- Produce formal documentation to support the use of these programs for the benefit of other individuals and groups within the business and to ensure compliance of processes.
- Work with the data warehouse and product assurance teams within the business to help develop the internal databases and provide a line of communication between teams.
- Provide support and teaching to technical teams across the business in the use of validated scripts and programs to support development and manufacture of a medical device.
- Adherence to GxP and relevant regulatory documents.
- Degree level qualification in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or another relevant discipline.
- Understanding of software validation best practices.
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience in using Python.
- Experience in using GIT or other source control platforms.
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with people at different levels
- Medical Device experience.
- Previous experience in database management.
- Familiarity with the use of cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, AWS).
- Familiarity with the use of SQL.
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience in using SAS.
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY