Lead Electronics Design Engineer
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 1,200 employees worldwide.
Role & Responsibilities
The Lead electronics engineer is responsible for providing technical guidance and support to members of the electronics engineering team. They will oversee the day to day technical activities performed by other members of the hardware team and assist the electronics design manager In assigning work tasks to relevant team members.
Key Areas Of Responsibility:
- Be aware of project timelines and assist the Electronics Design Manager with preparation of project plans/timelines.
- Create detailed design specifications based on input from product requirements specifications and prototype testing and characterisation
- Analyse system level architecture and advise on areas of potential improvement
- Create robust characterisation and test methods to set tolerances and limits on key technical blocks of the instrument design.
- Provide innovative and robust design solutions to identified problem / high risk design areas.
- Review and critique electronic design solutions developed by other team members.
- Ensure that the key functional technical blocks of the instrument are developed, tested and iterated in a robust and rapid manner.
- Ensure that the electronic components of the instrument design are integrated into a robust final solution including management of sub-contractor partners where required (PCB fab, board build, component sourcing).
- Work with the chosen contact manufacture and internal colleagues as appropriate to transfer the electronic product design to manufacturing, inclusive of specifying board stage and any intermediate assembly testing required.
- Ability to develop and execute the required verification and validation activities needed to demonstrate the electronics design has met specification.
- Provide technical guidance to aid in enhancement/development of other team members skills
- Investigate and report on new areas of technology which may lead to improvement of design solutions
- Use or develop competent knowledge in the required electrical regulations applicable to the development of medical devices
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or similar.
- Product design and development experience of complex embedded systems.
- Experience of technical leadership of electronics engineering teams.
- Strong technical knowledge of electronics engineering, both tools and processes.
- Sound decision making and risk analysis skills on software.
- Experience measuring and reporting quality-related metrics, schematic and PCB layout design packages and electronics simulation packages.
- Experience working with C/C++ or any other modern programming language.
- Experience in producing product for high volume manufacture.
- Experience of building working relationships with external parties – Suppliers, Contractors, Design consultancies.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards including EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971.
To apply to the role, please click APPLY