Instrumentation Test Engineer
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 1,200 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
The Instrumentation Test Engineer will setup, manage and collect data from experiments to replicate issues, and will work with the wider team’s test engineers to formally test solutions for reported manufacturing QC and field issues.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Writing test procedures for verification and validation test purposes.
- Modifying automated tests to suit the needs of team requirements.
- Executing experiments to test potential resolutions to issues, capturing data from the experiments, and presenting it in a format that allows colleagues to determine if the experiment was successful.
- Produce test strategies for hardware and software solutions to customer-reported issues for LumiraDX products.
- Set up or modify equipment for the purpose of testing or replicating reported field issues.
- Work as the test engineer within the scrum team.
- Provide story point estimate with a focus on test.
- Provide input into test improvements for the team.
- Documenting results and communicating findings with the team.
- Produce or modify automated test solutions for use within the team.
- Degree qualified or proven track record of hands-on system level testing.
- Experience working within software and hardware development environment.
- Experience as part of scrum team.
- Ability to translate product requirements into test requirements.
- Extensive experience of test design.
- Practical experience of using test equipment such as multi meters, oscilloscopes etc.
- Extensive experience of manual and automated test.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Use of defect and task tracking software e.g. Jira.
- Knowledge of C# and Python.
- Experience of medical test device industry.
- Knowledge of or experience of working with ISO9001, ISO13485 & ISO27001.
- Understanding of risk management.
- Microsoft teams experience.
- Comfortable producing documentation in Microsoft Word and Excel.
To apply to the role, please click APPLY