Scientist 2 Reagents
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for a Reagents Scientist to work within our reagents development group within research and development.
You will work in a small team within the larger Reagents Development group and you will work on the preparation, development and improvement of reagents for multiple assays. This will involve following, and improving upon, and developing new complex procedures for the preparation of antibody-coated nanoparticles and fluorophore-antibody conjugates, along with the development of in-process tests to characterize the reagents prepared.
You may line manage less experienced team members, building their knowledge and skills.
- Develop assay reagents for multiple assays.
- Preparation and development of antibody coated microparticles and fluorophore-antibody conjugates for multiple assay development teams.
- Development of new and improvement of current methods for characterisation of reagent performance.
- Manage delivery on 2-3 work streams within a project.
- Report and present outcome of experiments and recommend next steps.
- Deliver technical solutions to complex problems identified during the course of experiments.
- Propose experiments to progress delivery of key areas of your project.
- Make key project decisions based on technical results with solid statistical analysis.
- You will work independently and contribute individually with experiments and may also lead a small team of Scientists 1 and Laboratory technicians.
- Understand cost implications of experiments under your control.
- Progress key areas of your program and full compliance with procedures and processes.
- Ensure GLP compliance within own team and contribute to the maintenance of GLP compliance in the department as a whole.
- Approve draft protocols and develop new processes and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Act as reviewer for Laboratory Notebook, reports, QE and other Design control documents.
- Raising, investigating and closing quality events to agreed timelines.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail and high level of skills in problem solving and innovation, along with the following experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Experience and knowledge of characterisation techniques used to assess performance of antibody conjugates and microparticles.
- Experience of working in a laboratory operating within GLP guidelines.
- Statistical analysis techniques.
- High level of skills in problem solving and innovation.
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Ability to follow complex bioconjugation protocols accurately and timely and offer recommendations for improvements.
- Experience in protein and surface chemistry processes, protein to protein coupling, and protein to surface coupling.
- Experience in the use of particle characterisation techniques e.g. flow cytometry, zeta sizer.
- Experience in the use of HPLC and FPLC (AKTA).
- Experience of developing particle-based immunoassays.
- Experience working in an IVD regulated environment.
- Experience and understanding of optimisation of reagent stability, non-specific binding, assay performance and batch to batch variability.
- Experience in process scale up and characterization.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a biohazard environment.
- Experience and understanding of factors important in reagent preparation and drying for use in immunoassays.
- Design of Experiments.
- Experience supervising laboratory technicians.
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY