Cleaning Operative - Supervisor
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
This role is permanent/full-time and will be working days - Monday to Friday (08:30 to 17:30).
The Cleaning Supervisor at LumiraDx provides an essential service maintaining the facilities in a clean and hygienic condition. This position reports to the Facilities Manager and as a valuable member of the facilities team you will have line management responsibility for cleaning operatives across all of the local sites and will also carry out various cleaning tasks on a day to day basis.
You will be responsible for making sure that the offices/toilets/canteens/laboratories and manufacturing areas are cleaned for the day to day running of the LumiraDx facilities at our Manufacturing site and our Research & Development facility based at Glasgow.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing and supervising a number of cleaning operatives in assigned site.
- Responsible for preparing the cleaning services rota to ensure full 365 24/7 service provision.
- Cleaning of offices/meeting rooms/corridors/toilets.
- Clean/maintain breakout rooms and canteens.
- Cleaning of laboratories.
- Cleaning of manufacturing areas.
- Cleaning of warehouse/stores areas.
- Removal of waste to appropriate skips/areas.
- Monitor and maintain supply of cleaning materials.
- Adhere to GxP and work within the company QMS.
- Ensure an appropriate audit trails exist.
- Maintain and update records.
- Ensure that Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that safe working practices are applied at all times.
We are looking for someone with good time management, who is dependable, works to high quality standards, engaging and customer focused, along with the following:
- Previous industrial cleaning experience with supervisory responsibilities.
- Level of literacy (ability to follow verbal/written instruction).
- Prepare and work to rotas, schedules and routines.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to document, maintain records accurately.
- Valid driving licence and own car.
- Experience cleaning in a laboratory/cleanroom environment.
- Experience of manual handling techniques.
- Comfortable working alone and in a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY