LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Fixed Term Contract / Full-time - Part-time opportunities may be available
This is a fixed term contract for maternity cover expected to last 12 months, however due to on-going growth, there may be opportunities for a permanent role in the future.
We are currently recruiting for a Reagents Scientist to work within our reagents development group within research and development, assisting in the development of on-strip dry reagents for multiple assays on the LumiraDx platform.
- Support the development of assay reagents for multiple assays.
- Preparation of antibody coated microparticles and fluorophore-antibody conjugates for multiple assay development teams.
- Involved in the development of new, and improvement of current reagent preparation methods for the production of antibody coated microparticles and fluorophore-antibody conjugates.
- Involved in the development of new, and improvement of current methods for characterisation of reagent performance.
- Execution of appropriate experiments for the purpose of assessing and improving assay reagents.
- Help less experienced members of the team to carry out experiments effectively when required.
- Creating and maintaining quality records (experimental protocols) for the purpose of recording and documenting reagent development progress and associated experiments.
- Testing developed reagents against the required performance requirements.
- Writing and updating lab and project related procedures and documents.
- Raising, investigating and closing quality events to agreed timelines.
- Completing COSHH assessments as and when required.
- Work according to GLP and Design Control.
- Collaborate within a one team ethos throughout R&D, scale up and transfer and manufacturing.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail and high level of skills in problem solving and innovation, along with the following experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Experience in protein and surface chemistry processes, protein to protein coupling, and protein to surface coupling.
- Experience and knowledge of characterisation techniques used to assess performance of antibody conjugates and microparticles.
- Ability to follow complex bioconjugation protocols accurately and timely.
- Knowledge of immunoassay technology.
- Experience of working in a laboratory operating within GLP guidelines.
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Experience in the use of particle characterisation techniques e.g. flow cytometry, zeta sizer.
- Experience in the use of HPLC and FPLC (AKTA).
- Experience of developing particle-based immunoassays.
- Experience working in an IVD regulated environment.
- Experience and understanding of optimisation of reagent stability, assay performance and batch to batch variability.
- Experience in process scale up and characterization.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a biohazard environment.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY