PCB Layout/Design Engineer
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 1,500 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Electronics Design Manager, and working as part of the Electronics design team, the role will be responsible for assisting with the development of the LumiraDx Point of Care (POC) instrument design from the lab based prototype stage to manufacturing design transfer.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Be aware of project timelines and contribute to the Electronics CAD sections of the project plan with relevant tasks and estimated timescales.
- Maintenance of the company electronics design CAD (Altium) system - To include design version control, library maintenance
- Work closely with design engineers to produce appropriate PCB layout designs
- Prepare documentation and required CAD data to enable efficient transfer to manufacturing
- Work with the chosen contract manufacturer and internal colleagues as appropriate to transfer the electronic product design to manufacturing
- Ability to clearly communicate to mechanical, electronic designers, test engineers, manufacturing group any PCB or PCBA limitations associated with their initial proposals and influencing the adoption of alternative solutions in line with best practice.
- Assist in the development of test jigs and custom test PCB’s
- Participate in design reviews and provide feedback
- Provide guidance to Engineers regarding PCB layout techniques and manufacturing process
- Maintain and develop further awareness of technological advancements
- Propose and take ownership of process improvements for further development of the company CAD system
- Maintain familiarity with requirements of EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971 in relation to PCB layout
- Managing outsourced PCB assembly for prototypes and manufacture released PCB designs
- Engage in daily stand-up meeting and actively collaborate with team members through verbal communication and the use of tools such as Jira and Jama.
- Degree qualified in Electronic/Mechanical engineering or similar discipline.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout experience with Altium Designer.
- Practical experience in PCB layout for analogue, digital and mixed circuit designs.
- Multilayer (6+ layers) and HD PCB layout experience.
- Familiarity with PCB manufacture process and understanding of the production of multilayer designs.
- Ability to co-ordinate with sub-contractors for prototyping and board builds.
- PCB Layout for high speed digital design.
- Knowledge of Flex/Flex-Rigid design.
- CID / CID+ Certification.
- Familiarity with IPC standards in relation to PCB layout.
- PCB layout for controlled impedance and RF.
- Experience of working within the medical device industry.
- Experience in the use of mechanical design software packages.
- Hands on practical skills (e.g. Soldering, PCB prototype assembly).
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY