Senior Software QA Integration Engineer
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 1,600 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Lead Software QA Engineer, and working as part of the instrumentation team, the role will be responsible for driving the development of the LumiraDx Point of Care (POC) instrument firmware in support of ongoing product enhancement.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work closely with testers and developers across scrum teams to understand features being developed and how they fit into the overall solution and determine and author integration testing needed. Facilitate reuse of automation code between teams. Maintain those tests and test libraries being reused.
- Help establish automation frameworks and infrastructure connecting subsystems
- Verify software subsystems as they are integrated with other software and hardware
- Demonstrate issues found during verification to other members of the team via detailed bug reports. Smoke test early versions of fixes to determine if they offer a solution to the issues
- Store all automated tests and associated tools according to LumiraDx configuration management processes and participate in code reviews on pull requests for automation code
- Contribute to continuous improvement by participating in sprint retrospectives and wider team improvement initiatives: proposing and implementing enhancements to our processes
- Create, review and critique test-related documentation (requirements, specifications, risk assessments, test plans, test results, traceability matrix)
- Review software requirements and risks from a verification perspective
- Participate in backlog refinement meetings, sprint planning meetings and daily stand-ups to ensure that software verification is planned in and performed at all stages of the project
- Build up and encourage others in the team, providing knowledge transfers or mentoring in areas where you have experience
To be successful in this role you must be a highly motivated individual that can demonstrate proactiveness, flexibility and a can-do attitude. You should ensure positive and productive relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Degree qualified in software engineering or a closely related discipline OR proven track record of hands-on software testing.
- Ability to translate software requirements into test requirements.
- Authoring automated tests based on requirements: both the feature-level needs and detailed steps to implement those
- Able to ensure we diligently record evidence and data from test execution.
- Experience in test automation
- Knowledge and experience of git for managing automation code
- Working with others to determine the best choice for tools, frameworks, infrastructure
- Experience in some of the specific automation tools we use: Python, BDD, Raspberry Pis, Cypress
- Linux knowledge
- Experience of using Test and Requirements management tools.
- Understanding of a Requirement Coverage Matrix.
- Experience of working in the medical device industry
- Experience in integrating automation with a CI tool like Jenkins
- Able to review developer code to understand their design and unit testing (e.g. in C)
- Able to use design/debugging tools and instruments (e.g. oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analysers, JTAG, IAR IDE, RS232 and USB interfaces).
- A general familiarity with electronics hardware circuit boards.
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information:
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject. LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
To Apply for this role, please click APPLY