Remote, UK, LumiraDx
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Working within the product assurance group, you will be responsible for the handling, analysis and reporting of data to support products undergoing quality assurance testing or being monitored for quality improvement processes.
Within this role you will extract, analyse and interpret large amounts of data from a range of sources, using algorithmic, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning and statistical tools, in order to make it accessible to businesses. Presenting results using clear and engaging language to aid in business decision making.
Key areas of responsibility
- Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation
- Writing, testing and validation of statistical and machine learning scripts across in Python/Scipy and SQL.
- Assist with the translation of functions and scripts from other programming languages to Python to support with the development of a fully verified python package for the business.
- Write bespoke programs to automate the analysis of laboratory data from source to the production of results, graphical outputs and detailed reports.
- Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results.
- Create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business
- Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
- Conduct research from which you'll develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- Look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organisation
- Adherence to GxP and relevant regulatory documents.
- Provide support/trouble-shooting on all product and process quality issues.
- Produce both written and verbal reports detailing analysis and conclusions drawn.
- Degree or Masters in a Science or Mathematics related subject
- Experience in a medical device or life sciences environment would be preferable but not essential
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in SQL, Python/Scipy for data analysis and machine learning. Other data analysis and visualization package experience is a plus.
- Experience with manipulating large datasets for data analysis and machine learning in a cloud environment.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills in order to explain your work to people who don't understand the mechanics behind data analysis
- Effective listening skills in order to understand the requirements of the business
- Drive and the resilience to try new ideas
- Planning, time management and organisational skills
- The ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience with Elasticsearch and HDF5 would desirable
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY