Molecular Field Application Specialist
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organization. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform and fast lab solutions, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Molecular Field Application Specialist - Remote based in the Chicago area - this role requires extensive travel (75% +)
We are seeking a Molecular Field Applications Scientist (FAS), for our Fast Lab brand to provide pre- and post-sales customer support for our molecular lab reagents. This is a newly created position and role within the LumiraDx Fast Lab brand family. The individual will be a key member of a small team of Field Applications Scientists, responsible for providing pre- and post-sales reagent workflow development and technical support. A strong background in molecular biology is needed, along with the ability to communicate technical information to varied scientific audiences. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, go-getter and someone who can drive application development and support by working with customers, marketing, sales, R&D and product management.
- Develop and nurture relationships with customers in assigned territory, accompanying sales reps in customer laboratories to provide technical and application assistance.
- Provide on-site wet lab bench support, including but not limited to workflow optimization, validation and troubleshooting.
- Develop and maintain highest possible level of technical knowledge and networking.
- Work with sales, product management, R&D and key customers on product launches via beta testing support.
- Provide post-sales implementation and troubleshooting support for customers and provide second –tier support for sales and technical support by performing trainings such as train the trainer, seminars for internal and external customers.
- Collect team feedback of ‘voice of the customer’ and provide product feedback to departments such as R&D, Marketing and Tech Support.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated individual with exceptional communication skills and high level of skills in problem solving, along with the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Medical Technology or another relevant subject.
- Previous experience of molecular assays such as qPCR techniques, qPCR assay design and optimization mandatory.
- Extensive practical/lab experience, or equivalent technical service or field applications within a relevant market sector.
- Experience with and/or certified in regulatory environments such as CLIA.
- Strong verbal (oral and written) and presentation skills required.
- Effective customer consultative skills which include a positive attitude, helpful customer interaction, and maintenance of ongoing customer relationships.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY