Software DevOps Manager
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 900 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Leading a DevOps / Integration team, building, maintaining, extending and improving all aspects of the continuous integration environments which include a CI software environment and hardware test beds located at LumiraDx development sites. You will also be instrumental in creating and then managing a Software Release Engineering function that will be responsible for creating all builds of instrument software.
Key areas of responsibility
- Lead the definition, implementation, evolution and support of the continuous integration software and hardware environments used on a daily basis by Software developers and testers.
- Agree and implement branching and integration processes that will be used at all development sites. Manage the integration of multiple software development teams’ work, and provide the tools and reports to prove the quality of the integrations.
- Manage the development and support of automated software deployments and configuration changes to local, regional and international environments.
- Establish and lead a culture of automation in the processes, management, operation and tools used within the Software group. Manage a team that proposes processes and tools, evaluates candidate tools, deploys into the CI environments, and provides training to developers and testers.
- Short-term, create builds for internal testing and product launches, but quickly move to a fully automated process that creates, deploys and tests builds and releases at various phases within the SDLC.
- Ensure the DevOps team provides efficient and robust environments for use by Development teams, through working closely with those teams.
- Identify improvements to the CI environments and working practices on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure the CI environments are in line with LumiraDx processes and specified standards and regulations, e.g. IEC 62304, ISO 13485 or FDA 21CFR, part 820.
- Experience of working closely with software development and test groups to understand their needs.
- Experience in leading a team of technical engineers, including planning, tracking and reviewing their work.
- Experience in remote team working and line management.
- Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent relevant IT or engineering qualification.
- Proven track record in a Software-related leadership role, including people management.
- Hands-on experience in version control (git, github, gerrit), automated build administration (Jenkins, Maven and/or Ansible) and deployment of the infrastructure & software development pipeline and administration tasks.
- Hands-on experience of Software Release Engineering.
- Experience of incorporating automated test frameworks into Jenkins.
- Programming and scripting (Python/Ruby/Perl/Bash) languages for web applications and automation.
- Hands on experience in implementation of Cloud environments across multi-region and zone configuration (AWS, Azure, VMWare, Hyper-V, etc).
- Experience of Microsoft (IIS, Windows, MS SQLServer) & Linux environments (Linux, Ubuntu, RedHat, Zephyr etc.).
- Experience in embedded software development or Electronics Engineering.
- Experience of maintaining hardware test beds, ideally with Linux.
- Experience of Linux administration.
- Security training / certification for web application and infrastructure.
- Some understanding of the medical and or regulated infrastructure and software industry.
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information:
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY