Pilot Line Technician
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
This role could be based at our site in Stirling OR Glasgow and travel between both sites might be required.
You will be responsible for the successful manufacture of assay strips being developed by LumiraDx Technology. The role is a combination of manual and semi-automated processes.
In this role you will be operating a variety of equipment, e.g. - Universal PLS 4.75 Laser Cutters, Hamilton Microlab ML600 dispensers, Audion Elecktro D555NH Rotary Sealer, manual assembly jig and guillotine. You will work with a variety of different functions e.g. Scientist, Engineers and Quality.
- Manufacture disposable test strips in line with SOPs and manufacturing schedule
- Operate a variety of equipment following SOPs
- Input all data as each process requires into batch record
- Visually inspect product carrying out final QC checks before pouching
- Regularly review and understand daily scheduling board and responding to amendments as required
- Maintain and update work instructions as required
- Manage materials efficiently within pilot line, ensure all issues are highlighted in a timely manner and trouble shoot and resolve where possible.
- Carry out routine maintenance/calibration checks to ensure compliant set up and running of equipment.
- Carry out duties in line with Lean Manufacturing/5S techniques.
- Complete accurate batch records and relevant audit paperwork.
- Maintain and update work instructions and support the writing and review of standard operating procedures for manufacture.
- Record and communicate all process observations/deviations in timely manner and raise non-conformances as required, supporting investigation and resolution of these.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant GMP and HSE requirements.
- Experienced in setting-up and running automated manufacturing/testing equipment to meet tight tolerances.
- Experience within GMP/other regulated manufacturing environment.
- Detail conscious and committed to achieving accuracy required.
- Computer literate and good communicator.
- Motivated and able to work well alone and within a group environment.
- Good at problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Experience of operating within a medical device manufacturing environment.
- Material handling experience.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing/5S techniques
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY