R&D Laboratory Technician Reagents
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for R&D Technicians and you will work within our assay development project team or within the reagents group within research and development, assisting in the development of multiple assays on the LumiraDx platform.
- Routine verification, calibration, maintenance and operation of laboratory equipment.
- Operate and run samples on appropriate reference systems.
- Ensure the laboratory environment is clean and tidy ensuring to empty clinical waste bins and general waste bins.
- Receive, process, test, aliquot and store clinical samples including all sample information from clinical sites.
- Perform testing of LumiraDx platform technology on site at LumiraDx and at clinical sites.
- Perform testing of clinical samples on clinical analyser reference systems on site at LumiraDx Technology Ltd and at clinical sites.
- Travel to clinics for sample processing and testing.
- Prepare buffer solutions as per agreed procedural specifications.
- Perform testing of reagents using various characterisation techniques.
- Ensure laboratory storage areas fully stocked with consumables/cleaning materials.
- Carry out meter testing as per meter test procedure and record/report results appropriately.
- Carry out experiments exactly as per protocol.
- Record and communicate experimental observations and recommendations to assay development team.
- Adopt good scientific practices in all phases of the assay research and development process ensuring to follow all appropriate internal procedures.
- Draft new processes/procedures as required.
- Train other personnel on required procedures and ensure personal training up-to-date.
- Work according to GLP and Design Control.
- Collaborate within a one team ethos throughout R&D, scale up and transfer and manufacturing.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail and high level of skills in problem solving and innovation, along with the following experience:
- Experience of working in laboratories.
- Experience in handling clinical samples and operating clinical analysers.
- Confidence working with minimal supervision in a lab environment.
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Innovation in solving problems.
- Attention to detail.
- Good numeracy skills and understanding of molarity.
- Proactivity in seeking out jobs in the laboratory that require to be carried out.
- Valid driving licence with own transport.
- Working understanding of common immunoassay systems.
- Commercial diagnostic assay development experience.
- Knowledge of design controls and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Experience of working in a GLP regulated environment.
- Knowledge of working within a biohazard environment.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY