Reagent Manufacturing Technician (Shift)
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be working 24/7, 12 hour shifts from 7am to 7pm on a 2/3/2 shift pattern in a 365 day Manufacturing Operation. Please note that shift patterns and shift allowance will be dependent on business needs.
We are currently recruiting for a Reagent Manufacturing Shift Technician to work within our reagent manufacturing department and be responsible for the ongoing manufacture and testing of reagents and related components to ensure the supply of consistently high quality reagents to meet production requirements, while maintaining a compliant GMP laboratory environment.
- Ensure raw material and consumable availability and prepare process buffers and stock solutions, to allow reagent manufacturing schedule to be met.
- Manufacture assay reagents safely, efficiently in line with schedule and current SOPs and WIs to meet strip production requirements.
- Evaluate performance of raw and in-process materials at critical stages of manufacture and carry out final formulation testing.
- Carry out routine calibration, maintenance and running of laboratory and analytical equipment and support external supplier maintenance activities as required.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail and high level of skills in problem solving and a can do attitude, along with the following experience:
- Experience working within a laboratory environment or similar scientific manufacturing industry
- Confidence working with minimal supervision in a lab environment.
- Ability to follow complex protocols and accurately complete batch records
- Can work well within a group environment
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts to support 24/7 manufacture
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Commercial diagnostic assay, or similar industry experience.
- Knowledge of good laboratory working practices, GMP standards, including Validation protocols and Non-Conformances.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a biohazard environment.
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY