Scientist 2 Assay Development
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking a motivated Scientist with knowledge of immunoassay technology or molecular diagnostics. If this is you, then we would love to hear from you.
This role is permanent, fulltime and will be based at our new R&D facility just outside of Glasgow and your role will be to contribute to the development of diagnostic assays for the LumiraDx platform as part of the assay development team.
You will be contributing to the scientific development of innovative medical devices, taking responsibility for 2-3 technical challenges or workstreams within a project. You will be expected to execute complex multi factorial experiments and be able to work independently, but in line with the goals of your team and the department. You may line manage less experienced team members, building their knowledge and skills.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage delivery on 2-3 work streams within a project.
- Report and present outcome of experiments and recommend next steps.
- Deliver technical solutions to complex problems identified during the course of experiments.
- Propose experiments to progress delivery of key areas of your project.
- Make key project decisions based on technical results with solid statistical analysis.
- You will work independently and contribute individually with experiments and may also lead a small team of Scientists 1 and Laboratory technicians.
- Understand cost implications of experiments under your control.
- Progress key areas of your program and full compliance with procedures and processes.
- Ensure GLP compliance within own team and contribute to the maintenance of GLP compliance in the department as a whole.
- Approve draft protocols and develop new processes and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Act as reviewer for Laboratory Notebook, reports, QE and other Design control documents.
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Knowledge and understanding of factors which drive assay performance (including sensitivity, range, stability, reproducibility and precision).
- High level of skills in problem solving and innovation.
- Knowledge of diagnostic immunoassay technology or molecular diagnostics
- Knowledge of fluorescent detection methods.
- Ability to write clear and concise protocols for complex assay methodologies.
- Ability to follow a protocol precisely and offer recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to identify and investigate non-conformances.
- Ensure laboratory books and other records are completed accurately and timely.
- Creating and maintaining quality records for the purpose of recording and documenting reagent development progress and associated experiments.
- Ability to complete COSHH assessments as and when required
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Statistical analysis techniques.
- Experience of working in a laboratory within GLP + GDP guidelines.
- Experience of using particle-based immunoassays
- Understanding of factors important to reagent stability, non-specific binding, batch to batch variability and assay interferences
- Knowledge of reagent/conjugation chemistry.
- Knowledge of validation and verification testing.
- Experience and understanding of factors important in reagent preparation and drying for use in immunoassays.
- Experience working in the medical device industry.
- Design of Experiments.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a biohazard environment.
- Experience supervising laboratory technicians.
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY