Research and Development Laboratory Technician
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
This role is permanent, fulltime and will be based at our new R&D facility just outside of Glasgow.
You will work either within a project team or across different projects you will run laboratory equipment, process clinical samples, test meters, strips and reagents, assist scientists in carrying out experiments and process results while ensuring the laboratory environment is maintained effectively. You will also be responsible for execution and completion of your own experiments, ensuring compliance with GLP standards.
You will also be involved in concluding and presenting a summary of your work to your team; to understand the impact of your experimental results on each project, to highlight and raise awareness of out of trend results, to gain a full understanding of all aspects of your work and carry out all experiments with a high level of accountability and professionalism. Recognise opportunities to improve experiments or protocols and to bring suggestions of how such opportunities could be implemented by your team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ownership for conducting and contributing on the planning of small scale experiments relevant to overall project goals.
- Analyse and conclude experiments, delivering clear outputs and well presented data within set deadlines.
- Assist in the design of more complex experimental designs.
- Maintain and calibrate equipment and ensure any defined protocols are strictly adhered to.
- Complying with workflow systems including rules for work in CL2 or CL3 environments when required
- Work with activities to keep the laboratories functional and compliant such as for example performing verifications, calibrations and maintenance.
- Write procedures / SOPs / Quality Events for immediate work area.
- Train other personnel on required procedures.
- Adhere to GLP.
- Maintain and update training, Laboratory Notebooks and other associated records.
- Act as a reviewer for laboratory notebooks.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of Design Control.
- Compliance to H&S, biosafety, risks, COSHH, etc.
- Raising, investigating and closing quality events to agreed timelines.
- Experience of working in laboratories.
- Confidence working with minimal supervision in a lab environment.
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Innovation in solving problems.
- Attention to detail.
- Good numeracy skills and understanding of molarity.
- Proactivity in seeking out jobs in the laboratory that require to be carried out.
- Working understanding of common immunoassay systems.
- Experience from working in molecular laboratory.
- Knowledge of protein structure and function.
- Knowledge of immunology
- Knowledge of organic chemistry.
- Commercial diagnostic assay development experience.
- Knowledge of design controls and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Experience of working in a GLP regulated environment.
- Knowledge of working within a biohazard environment.
- Experience in handling clinical samples and operating clinical analysers.
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY