LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 600 employees worldwide.
We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Laboratory Manager - Manchester
Permanent / Full time
The role will be responsible for the line management of a team of Technicians working with the Validation and Verification teams and the diagnostic assays for the LumiraDx platform as part of the assay development, calibration and validation teams. The role holder will be accountable for the daily management of a range of complex significant technical projects and for the technical delivery supporting the commercialisation of new product lines. The role will be responsible for building, maintaining and utilising significant depth of knowledge in a specialised technical area critical to the future direction of the company with accountability for the delivery of pragmatic solutions to complex problems which will move programs forward.
- Lead significant technical projects with responsibility for delivery of validation processes and calibration of emerging assays within the LumiraDx portfolio.
- Lead the technical understanding of the future products that are under research and development.
- Deliver technical solutions to key problems raised during product development.
- Create, develop and undertake new experiments in specialist field where necessary.
- Prepare and present results and developments for senior management.
- Provide technical input to the team to assist in reaching solutions.
- Challenge scientific and technical rigour of experiments and experimental design.
- Use statistical methods to design and analyse experiments and make the appropriate scientific conclusions and define next steps required.
- Challenge approach to running of protocols and experiments.
- Understand business goals and set and agree appropriate technical goals within team.
- Manage multiple and complex parts of a technical project at the same time.
- Deliver technical solutions to enhance product development.
- Provide day-to-day direction for experiments and project plans of team in line with overall business goals and budget.
- To undertake regular refresher training relating areas of work and specifically to any protection whilst handling samples.
- To develop lab procedures and ensure users are trained in those procedures.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with high level of skills in problem-solving, along with the following experience:
- Experience and understanding of factors which drive assay performance (including sensitivity, range, stability, reproducibility and precision).
- Skills in problem solving and innovation.
- Experience of diagnostic immunoassay technology or molecular diagnostics.
- Track record of developing assays within a design-controlled framework.
- Ability to write clear and concise protocols for complex assay methodologies.
- Ability to identify and investigate non-conformances swiftly and implement robust corrective actions.
- Experience of Statistical analysis and Design of Experiments.
- Experience of implementing compliant process in a laboratory according to GLP + GDP guidelines.
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY