Molecular Research and Development Technician
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
You will work within the Molecular R&D team with scientists and technicians supporting the development of the molecular LumiraDx platform. This will involve running laboratory equipment, processing clinical samples, testing meters and strips, assisting scientists in carrying out experiments and processing results while ensuring the laboratory environment is maintained effectively. You will also be required to work within the CL3 laboratory supporting development of multiple Lumira Dx assays spanning the Assay Development and Molecular teams.
Key areas of responsibility
- Comply with the molecular workflow system.
- Housekeeping of CL3 and Molecular labs.
- Perform routine verification, calibration, maintenance and operation of laboratory equipment.
- Receive, process, test, aliquot and store clinical samples including all sample information.
- Perform cell culture techniques.
- Perform PCR techniques.
- Perform testing of the LumiraDx platform technology as per meter test procedure and record/report results appropriately.
- Perform testing of clinical samples on required laboratory systems.
- Record and communicate experimental observations and recommendations to molecular team.
- Adopt good scientific practices in all phases of the assay research and development process ensuring to follow all appropriate internal procedures.
- Draft new processes/procedures as required.
- Train other personnel on required procedures and ensure personal training up-to-date.
- Raising, investigating and closing quality events to agreed timelines.
- Completing COSHH assessments as and when required.
- Ensuring you work in conjunction with the quality policy and objectives.
- Adhere to all relevant regulatory and customer requirements.
- Work according to GLP and Design Control
- Develop successful working relationships across local and wider teams.
- Collaborate within a one team ethos throughout R&D, scale up and transfer and manufacturing.
You will be an enthusiastic and motivated Lab Technician with experience of working in a Molecular laboratory.
- Hands-on experience in a molecular laboratory
- Confidence in working with minimal supervision
- Computer literate with great data analysis skills
- Innovative problem-solving ability
- A proactive approach to your day-to-day work
- Knowledge and experience of working in a CL3 lab or biohazard environment
- Experience in handling clinical samples
- Commercial diagnostic assay development experience
- Knowledge of design controls
- Experience of working in a GLP regulated environment
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY