LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation.
We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
You will be responsible for keeping the company management accounts up-to-date, bills paid and invoices issued on time. To prepare, develop and analyse key financial information to ensure that the organisation’s management makes well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
This role implies access to all of the company’s confidential data including salaries as well as access to the company’s bank account and other financial matters. Therefore, this role carries with it an extremely high level of trust and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and under all circumstances.
This role will be a 12 month fixed term contract and will be based at our site just outside Camborne, Cornwall only a couple of miles from the beach. We operate in a fast pace, but friendly and relaxed environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To be responsible for the accurate entry of all accounting information into Netsuite
- To prepare periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, forecasts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Responsible for preparing quarterly forecasts in line with current business requirements
- Oversee the monthly payroll payment and dealing with any queries that follow. Help Work with PD to ensure the company are up to date with current pay and benefit legislations
- Responsible for the company’s cash position and report back to the General Manager
- Assist with responding to financial enquiries from customers and suppliers via a range of communication methods, providing appropriate solutions or guidance
- To provide suitable information to support the business on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Managing the calculation, reporting and payment of PAYE and VAT and dealing with HMRC enquiries as needed
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of financial control within the company
- Engage with corporate finance tasks to facilitate common processes, reporting and decision making
- Providing high level financial support to all departments
- Ensure all staff are registered, and re-registered for the company pension and that the organisation complies with pension regulations
- Assist with regulatory/quality audits, and attending meetings on-site with external auditors when required
- Ensure the ethical fundamental principles are followed in line with the profession – objectivity, professional competence and due care, professional behaviour, integrity and confidentiality
- Maintain outline knowledge of the products sold by LumiraDx Care Solutions UK Ltd
- Handle client complaints in a calm, non-confrontational and courteous manner. Take responsibility for ensuring follow-up actions are taken and that in the case of a formal complaint the Regulatory Compliance Officer is promptly informed.
- Must have current experience with operational finance
- AAT-Level 3 qualified (or working towards), or qualified by experience
- Highly competent in Accounting and Payroll Systems and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy while working on multiple tasks
- Strong organisational skills to plan and prioritise workload and manage a broad range of tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Able to influence and manage key stakeholders
- A flexible approach, with the ability to adapt to change
- A high degree of integrity, confidentiality and commitment
- A customer focused approach
- Autonomous and self- motivated
- Finance related degree
- Line Management experience, with the ability to lead and help develop others
- Experience in delivering customer focused solutions based on customer needs
- Experience using Netsuite ERP and Sage Payroll
- Knowledge of or experience of working with ISO9001, ISO13485 & ISO27001
- Understanding of information governance, privacy and data security within a healthcare setting
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY