Lead Pilot Line Print Technician
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
This role will initially be based at our site in Stirling for training before moving across to our new site at Eurocentral, Glasgow.
The scope of the role will be to be responsible for the successful set-up and running of the screen-printing area, producing printed materials as required with subsequent inspection of substrate materials. Ensuring on-time delivery of routine and ad-hoc print requests. Manufacture of screens for screen printing processes which will include creation of photopositives, mounting and exposure and wash-down. This role may become shift based depending on company needs.
Key areas of responsibility
- Lead set-up of new Screen Print and Screen Manufacturing areas, including, optimising flow of materials in and through the area, generating batch records for screen manufacturing and screen-printing processes. Generating WI’s and SOP’s for all new equipment and processes.
- Screen Print substrate as per standard operating procedures and in line with pilot line schedules.
- Production of screens and photopositives
- Test and Inspection of raw materials and finished printed cards.
- Carry out trials to support development and transition of new products into manufacture.
- Understand and ensure Critical to Quality (CTQ) variables are carefully controlled to safeguard strip performance and maximise yield.
- Manage materials efficiently within print area, ensure all issues are highlighted in a timely manner and trouble shoot and resolve where possible.
- Carry out routine maintenance/calibration checks to ensure compliant set up and running of equipment.
- Carry out duties in line with Lean Manufacturing/5S techniques.
- Train and assess other print manufacturing technician’s competency against SOP’s and WI for print line equipment.
- Maintain and update work instructions / SOPs as required.
- Lead 5/6S audits, reporting any findings to the pilot line manager.
- Identify opportunities to improve product and process monitoring.
- Perform statistical analysis and trend monitoring.
- Assist Process Engineering in characterisation of processes.
- Along with pilot line scheduler, co-ordinate print schedule.
- Complete accurate batch records and relevant audit paperwork.
- Maintain and update work instructions and support the writing and review of standard operating procedures for manufacture.
- Record and communicate all process observations/deviations in timely manner and raise non-conformances as required, supporting investigation and resolution of these.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant GMP and HSE requirements.
- Screen Printing experience
- Experienced in setting-up and running automated manufacturing/testing equipment to meet tight tolerances.
- Experience within GMP/other regulated manufacturing environment.
- Detail conscious and committed to achieving accuracy required.
- Computer literate and good communicator.
- Motivated and able to work well alone and within a group environment.
- Good at problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Experience of operating within a medical device manufacturing environment.
- Material handling experience.
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY