LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 1,600 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
About the Role
Reporting to the Systems Integration & Test Manager and working alongside the Systems Integration and Performance Test teams, the role will be responsible for the sourcing, installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of all Systems Integration and Verification tooling, test and development infrastructure. The role will provide critical inputs to continuous improvement processes and develop test and deployment solutions to enable the team in their roles as systems integrators and testers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To administer and maintain our existing suite of systems integration and test tools and facilities.
- To support in the creation and deployment of new or improved system test and automation solutions.
- To introduce and cultivate best-practices, processes and methodologies that will aide in the System Integration and Verification team’s goals of improving system quality at the Platform level.
- Sourcing of new or improved tooling solutions to aid in the role of the Systems Integration and Verification team.
- Administer, maintain and train users in the use of systems test infrastructure and supporting tools.
- Administer, maintain and train users in the use of configuration management systems, including database systems and traceability tooling.
- Support the maintenance, troubleshooting, RCA and improvements of our CI test framework (Python).
- Support systems test efforts alongside development and integration as part of an Agile working environment.
- Participate in backlog refinement, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, team reviews and retrospectives as part of a SAFe compliant, Agile working environment.
- Work with hardware engineers, software developers and connectivity experts in developing new systems integration solutions.
- Develop new skills in order to progress and improve the role.
- Create and store reports, design documentation and support CSV activities where required, according to LumiraDx processes and in line with specified standards and regulations, for example: IEC 62304, ISO 13485, FDA 21CFR Part 820.
- Ensure compliance with LumiraDx internal QMS and ensure that all outputs are compliant with appropriate international standards and guidelines (as above).
- Work closely with multiple engineers and developers from disparate teams in order to understand, capture and implement systems tooling solutions.
- Work with the Systems Integration & Test Manager to define the scope of DevOps work, refine the team backlog and plan current and future sprint work.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities and helping to implement them across the wider group.
- Adhere to best practices as part of the Systems Engineering group.
To be successful in this role you must be a highly motivated individual that can demonstrate flexibility and a can-do attitude. You should ensure positive, productive and proactive relationships with a range of internal and external key stakeholders.
- Degree qualified in a technical discipline relating to computing, DevOps, systems engineering or a similarly relevant academic field.
- Proven track record in a hands-on DevOps or support engineer role, in a technical or scientific
- In-depth knowledge of scripting or programming languages, relevant to DevOps/support.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems (CI/CD).
- Prior experience, or knowledge, of Agile working practices.
- Experience in supporting automation test tools.
- Experience of working in the medical device industry and the application of CE marking directives and applicable device standards.
- Experience in Point of Care and domestic medical device design.
- Practical experience of the product verification and validation lifecycle for a medical device.
- Experienced in Python scripting (3+ years).
- Working knowledge of configuration management tools (CMDB).
- Experience as a computer systems solutions architect.
- SAFe certified.
- Experience in supporting and/or administering any of the following tools/systems:
- Python Test Framework(s)
- Jama (API)
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information:
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject. LumiraDx places a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and has put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company's information security policies, procedures, and guidance.
To apply for this role, please click APPLY