LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation.
We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Process Engineer - Product, this role will be primarily based at our site in Stirling but with travel to other sites across Scotland
This is a normal days role - Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:30.
An experienced Process Engineer to support the R&D and manufacturing teams with the introduction, characterisation, and validation of new products to the manufacturing lines. Additionally provide any support with post launch investigations into product performance improvement.
- Key team member for new product introduction activities within manufacturing.
- Materials selection / characterisation and optimisation.
- Determine, categorise and develop mitigation for product failure modes.
- Investigate, root cause & resolve Non-Conformances / Quality Events.
- Be the interface with manufacturing team to successfully transition R&D products into manufacturing development (print and strip production).
- Effectively characterise process / products (e.g. through DOEs, test method development)
- Lead manufacturing equipment and process set up for new products
- Embed DFM methodology early in projects and drive continuous improvement throughout the development and early introduction of new products.
- Lead troubleshooting / diagnosis of problems using a methodical approach and report progress in a structured way.
- Be open to self-development and the development of others.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated individual with a high level of skills in problem solving, along with the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in relevant engineering or scientific discipline and/or extensive experience working in a similar role within a regulated industry.
- Hands-on Process Engineer with a high level of relevant industry experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, target driven and regulated environment.
- Experience working on multiple business critical projects in tandem ensuring all deliverables are completed within the timelines allocated.
- Experience / awareness of both equipment, product and process development and optimisation. (medical advantageous)
- Experience / willing to learn the use of metrology equipment to assesses and characterise products and materials.
- Knowledge of statistical process controls, capabilities and analysis techniques.
- Experience of executing product and process verification protocols.
- Competent in documentation and report writing, specifically verification and validation protocols and reports.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification would be beneficial.
To apply for this vacancy, please click APPLY