Cartoning Shift Team Leader
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 600 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
This role will initially operate to cover extended day shift hours (Mon-Fri) and will be transitioning to 24/7 shifts during 2020 (exact shift pattern to be confirmed).
Due to growth we are looking for a cartoning shift team leader to join our production team on a permanent, full-time basis and will be based at our production facilities in/near Alloa, Stirling.
Reporting to the production manager, you will be responsible for planning and scheduling of packaging activities for a shift-based team within a fast-paced environment, using manual/semi-automatic packaging processes to meet customer demand.
- Ownership of packaging procedures and supporting area documentation.
- Planning, scheduling and support of team activities in line with SOPs and customer demand.
- Support of validation activities (process improvement/additional equipment) to meet the packaging demands associated with new products and increasing customer demand.
- Ensure packaging equipment is set up and used correctly to ensure required quality and throughput of product is maintained across every batch.
- Ensure Critical to Quality (CTQ) standards are controlled to maintain customer confidence.
- Plan supply of materials into packaging and ensure efficiently managed within area.
- Highlight issues in a timely manner and resolve where possible.
- Ensure all routine maintenance/calibration checks are completed to ensure compliance.
- Implement lean manufacturing/5S to standardise and drive efficiency across packaging.
- Develop shift-based metrics and reports.
- Drive completion of accurate batch records and relevant audit paperwork.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant GxP and HSE requirements
- Write and maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions for packaging operations manufacturing and support review and approval process.
- Experience of running an efficient, high volume packaging and production process.
- Experience of operating to quality standards within GMP or other regulated environment.
- Detail conscious and committed to achieving accuracy required.
- Computer literate and good communicator.
- Strong motivator and people development skills.
- Experience of operating automated packaging equipment.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and 5S techniques.
- Experience of operating within medical device environment.
- Material handling experience.
- Experience of validation procedures.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLYAPPLY