Production Team Leader
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 600 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
This role will initially work a shift of 06:30-15:00 1 week and 14:30-22:30 the next week. We plan to move to 24/7 shifts later in 2020 (exact shift pattern to be confirmed).
Line management responsibility for production technicians and cartoning technicians.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ownership of strip production/packaging procedures and supporting area documentation (e.g. batch records, logs).
- Planning, scheduling and support of strip manufacture and packaging activities.
- Support of trials to enable development and validation of new products into manufacture.
- Ensure deposition valves are used correctly and set up to ensure necessary precision (position and volume) of reagent on every batch.
- Ensure Critical to Quality (CTQ) process and product variables are understood and carefully controlled to safeguard strip performance and maximise yield.
- Plan supply of materials into production and ensure efficiently managed within area. Highlight issues in a timely manner and resolve where possible.
- Use routine machine statistical process control (SPC) data to drive effective process decisions and work with process engineering to implement improvements.
- Ensure all routine maintenance/calibration checks are completed to ensure compliance.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing/5S to standardise and drive efficiency across production.
- Drive completion of accurate batch records and relevant audit paperwork.
- Write and maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions for manufacturing and support review and approval process.
- Ensure timely communication of all process observations/deviations and carry out investigation and resolution of these as required.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant GxP and HSE requirements.
- Communicate effectively within own team and across/out with the business as required.
- Understand business goals and agree/set relevant goals for self and team.
- Recruit, train, develop and coach production team members as required.
- Experienced in setting-up and running automated manufacturing/processing equipment to meet tight tolerances (eg ink jet printing, laser cutting, liquid dispensing, lamination, packaging).
- Experience within GMP/other regulated manufacturing environment.
- Detail conscious and committed to achieving accuracy required.
- Computer literate and good communicator.
- Motivated and able to work well alone and within a group environment.
- Good at problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Experience of operating within a medical device manufacturing environment.
- Material handling experience.
- Experience of product transfer and validation procedures.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing/5S techniques.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLYAPPLY