Senior Materials Handler
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 600 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Based at our Alloa site, this role is an integral part of the operations team, reporting directly to the warehouse manager. You will ensure the receipt, storage and issuing of materials is executed in line with GxP and local SOP’s, you will carry out your duties to a high level of compliance, while maintaining good housekeeping and excellent customer service.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain receipt, storage, material handling and logistic processes.
- Maintain a high level of stock control.
- Maintain all electronic systems and required documentation in accordance with SOP’s.
- Work on department continuous improvement activities to improve processes and drive down the cost of goods.
- Effective management of QMS documentation (quality events, change controls etc.,).
- Maintain an excellent level of housekeeping and organisation within the warehouse areas using lean and 5S principles and techniques.
- Aid in the creation and writing of material specifications.
- Organise daily work schedules for the material handlers.
- Responsible for mentoring and training the material handlers.
- Act as a role model for compliance, providing support and guidance for the material handlers and colleagues.
- Ensure adherence to GxP and all relevant regulatory standards including ISO13485.
- Create a positive working environment that acknowledges and pro-actively supports compliance with GMP.
- Proven experience of working in a similar role.
- Stores experience in a medical device environment or related industry.
- Experience of using an ERP System.
- Stores and inventory management experience, FIFO, FEFO, Kanban and working with chemicals or controlled materials.
- Possess a fork lift licence (preferably articulated or counterbalance forklift).
- Assertive, resilient and able to adapt to change in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to share knowledge and train colleagues.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Experience of using Netsuite.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLYAPPLY