Process Technician (24/7 Shift Based)
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 600 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
An experienced process technician or one in the earlier stages of career who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our company.
As a process technician you will support some aspects of the reel to reel print line and automated manufacturing processes. Providing support to manufacturing, quality, process engineering and equipment engineering through process monitoring, controls, and continuous improvement activities. Those with experience in high speed web based printing, flatbed screen printing or converting lines would bring good transferable skills to this role.
- Work in close collaboration with product support group in the transfer from R&D pilot line build to high volume manufacture.
- Real time product and process monitoring.
- React to out of controls and develop robust OCAP’s and preventive measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of problems in existing manufacturing plant and processes, using a methodical approach and report progress in a structured way.
- Minimise downtime and remove areas of waste.
- Support in determining, categorising and developing mitigations for failure modes.
- Improve manufacturing methods utilising knowledge of product design, materials, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment assembly methods.
- Investigate and resolve Non-Conformances and Quality Events.
- Be open to self-development and the development of others to enhance value add and career progression.
- Adhere to all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Engage the production team in process support activities on shift.
You will be a highly motivated Technician and have excellent proven experience in continuous improvement in a regulated environment with a strong knowledge of how to use data to help improve performance. Other requirements to be successful in this role are as follows:
- A hands-on Technician with relevant industry experience.
- Experience of optimising processes, print, converting or medical would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of statistical process controls, capabilities and analysis techniques.
- Basic understanding of GRR (direction given).
- Some experience of executing product and process verification protocols.
- Basic understanding of Design of Experiments (direction given)
- cGMP experience.
- High level of computer literacy in MS Office.
- Competent in documentation and report writing.
- Green Belt certification would be an advantage.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY.