Biological Safety Officer
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 700 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Working within the Research and Development department as the Biological Safety Officer you will collaborate across Clinical, Research and Development and Verification and Validation groups to support testing programs involving human pathogens, contribute to health and safety meetings and provide updates on biological safety matters to the Reasearch and Development Director. You will work across our sites where necessary to implement biological safety measure.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure compliance with biorisk/biosecurity legislation.
- Develop and implement systems, policy and procedures to reduce biorisk.
- Act as the primary contact for HSE on biorisk matters including audits.
- Support and advise on biological risk assessments.
- Manage and fully root cause biorisk incidents.
- Perform biorisk audits and implement preventative and corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Develop and roll out biorisk training with emphasis on containment level 2 (CL2) and containment Level 3 (CL3) facilities.
- Where required advise on 3rd party and consultancy projects.
- A degree in a bioscience subject, or equivalent.
- Significant experience of working as a biological safety officer overseeing containment level 2 and containment level 3 laboratories
- Significant experience of working with regulatory authorities
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and be a respected and credible expert
- Experience of providing comprehensive training
- Experience of workplace inspections and of auditing
- Experience of incident management and investigation.
- Significant technical laboratory experience with human pathogens
- Biosafety qualifications or training e.g. ISTR BioSafety Practitioner
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY