Containment (CL3) Laboratory Manager
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 700 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
- A successful track record managing a CL3 laboratory.
- Manage a small team of scientists and technicians.
- Key expert in CL3 guidance and legislation.
- A the single point of contact for the efficient running and operation of the CL3 laboratory and associated projects.
- To be first point of contact for all staff in case of any problems within the CL3 laboratory and take a lead role in responding to major incidents.
- Co-ordinate CL3 project requirements and resource.
- Manage CL3 laboratory maintenance and repair activities.
- Approve biological risk assessments.
- Participate at internal Health and Safety committee meeting.
- Implement systems and approve documentation pertaining to CL3 activities to ensure compliance and smooth working practice.
- Devise and deliver internal CL3 training package to teach and maintain competency of CL3 personnel.
- Creating and maintaining quality records (experimental protocols) for the purpose of recording and documenting CL3 operations.
- Ensuring you are maintaining personal training within the biosafety field.
- Raising, investigating and closing quality events to agreed timelines.
- Completing COSHH assessments as and when required.
- Ensuring you work in conjunction with the quality policy and objectives
- Degree qualified in a relative scientific discipline.
- Experience managing a CL3 Laboratory.
- Experience in people management.
- Demonstrate organisational skills.
- Experience of providing comprehensive training.
- Experience of working within a Quality Management System.
- Virology/Microbiology background.
- Credible Biosafety training certification.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Demonstrate project management skills.
- Mentoring/coaching/training courses.
- Experience working in an IVD regulated environment.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY