CL3 Scientist 2 (Molecular)
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 700 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design, execution and analysis, using statistical tools, of appropriate experiments for the purpose of assessing and improving assay performance, stability and cost requirements.
- Support the molecular assay integration for use in LumiraDx assay platform within a CL3 Laboratory environment.
- Carry out meter testing and develop new testing protocols.
- Help less experienced members of the team to carry out experiments effectively when required.
- Solve problems encountered during assay development innovatively and independently.
- Technically reviewing and approving risk assessments.
- Participating in biohazard safety and GMO committee meetings
- Creating and maintaining quality records (experimental protocols) for the purpose of recording and documenting assay development progress and associated experiments.
- Writing and updating lab and project related procedures and documents.
- Ensuring you are trained on all appropriate procedures and training new personnel if and when required.
- Technically reviewing change requests and peer reviewing laboratory note books.
- Raising, investigating and closing quality events to agreed timelines.
- Completing COSHH assessments as and when required.
- Ensuring you work in conjunction with the quality policy and objectives.
- Adhere to all relevant regulatory and customer requirements.
- Work according to GLP and Design Control
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Extensive experience in a CL3 laboratory.
- Demonstrate good aseptic technique.
- Experience in cell culture techniques.
- Experience in microbial propagation techniques.
- Experience in working within a GLP guidelines.
- Computer literate and great data analysis skills.
- Experience and knowledge of PCR or isothermal technology.
- Experience of working in an IVD regulated environment.
If you are successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks. Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY