System Integration Manager
Manor Loan, Stirling
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 700 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be aware of project timelines and contribute to the system integration sections of the project plan with relevant tasks and estimated timescales.
- Create detailed design specifications based on input from product requirements specifications and prototype testing and characterisation.
- Create robust characterisation and test methods to set tolerances and limits on key technical blocks of the instrument design.
- Provide innovative and robust design solutions to identified problem / high risk design areas.
- System Analysis of technical requirements using modelling and simulation to provide technical and safety assurance.
- Hands-on knowledge in sensors design and experience with MEMS, signal processing and low-noise precision electronics design.
- Use or develop competent knowledge in the required electrical regulations applicable to the development of medical devices.
- Responsible for ensuring the design complies with regulatory standards including EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971
- Championing use of the collaborative work tool such as Jira and Jama
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics/ physics or similar discipline.
- Product design and development experience of complex embedded systems.
- A sound appreciation of the underlying principles of Systems engineering for complex embedded systems.
- Extensive experience of systems integration, preferably relating to medical devices.
- Experience building and scaling system design teams.
- Understanding of the engineering lifecycle for complex products and systems, with emphasis on latter stages.
- Sound decision making and risk analysis skills on software.
- Experience with PCB design packages like Altium or Similar.
- Experience using mechanical CAD tools like Solidworks, CREO or similar.
- Development using MATLAB (Simulink) or similar analytical tools.
- Proficient with test automation packages like Python, labview.
- Working knowledge of Optical and imaging systems, electro-mechanical systems, microfluidic system and magnetic circuits and systems.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY