Hardware Test Engineer
Manor Loan, Stirling
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 900 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be aware of project timelines and contribute to the electronics sections of the project plan with relevant tasks and estimated timescales.
- Defining and executing test suites to exercise and characterise system and sub-system functionality and ensure all aspects are fully documented and tested.
- Create robust characterisation and test methods to set tolerances and limits on key technical blocks of the instrument design.
- Provide innovative and robust design solutions to identified problem / high risk design areas.
- Review and critique test design solutions developed by other team members.
- Ensure that the key functional technical blocks of the instrument are developed, tested and iterated in a robust and rapid manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the design complies with regulatory standards including EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971
- Responsible for EMC/ ESD/ EVT and lifetime testing of the product for CE marking.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or similar
- Knowledge of analog and mixed signal components and concepts (ADC, filtering, decoupling, bias voltage/current generation, etc.) and signal integrity on PCB (matching, reflections, etc.)
- Experience building and scaling testing teams
- Experience with using hardware platforms (e.g. processors/ CPLD) and communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, MIPI CSI.
- Working knowledge of automated test tools and scripting languages such as Python, Perl and C/C++ for lab equipment control and data analysis.
- Requirement verification and validation for electro/opto-mechanical software-controlled systems.
- Labview automated software testing advantageous.
- Familiarity with external test houses for EMC/ ESD testing, environmental chambers etc.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards including EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY