Electronics Design Engineer
Manor Loan, Stirling
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 700 employees worldwide. Due to growth we are recruiting for a Electronics Design Engineer to join our business on a full time, permanent basis.Reporting to the Electronics Design Manager, and working as part of the hardware engineering team, the role will be responsible for driving the development of the LumiraDx Point of Care (POC) instrument design from the lab based prototype stage to manufacturing design transfer.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be aware of project timelines and contribute to the electronics sections of the project plan with relevant tasks and estimated timescales.
- Create detailed design specifications based on input from product requirements specifications and prototype testing and characterisation.
- Create robust characterisation and test methods to set tolerances and limits on key technical blocks of the instrument design.
- Provide innovative and robust design solutions to identified problem / high risk design areas.
- Review and critique electronic design solutions developed by other team members.
- Ensure that the key functional technical blocks of the instrument are developed, tested and iterated in a robust and rapid manner.
- Ensure that the electronic components of the instrument design are integrated into a robust final solution including management of sub-contractor partners where required (PCB fab, board build, component sourcing).
- Work with the chosen contract manufacturer and internal colleagues as appropriate to transfer the electronic product design to manufacturing, inclusive of specifying board stage and any intermediate assembly testing required.
- Ability to develop and execute the required verification and validation activities needed to demonstrate the electronics design has met specification.
- Use or develop competent knowledge in the required electrical regulations applicable to the development of medical devices.
- Responsible for ensuring the design complies with regulatory standards including EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971.
- Degree qualified in electronic engineering.
- Practical experience in analogue, digital and mixed circuit design.
- Ability to implement designs in a schematic capture package (e.g. Altium) and generate the associated BOM/s.
- Ability to translate requirements into design specifications.
- Practical experience in board bring up and debug using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Practical experience in design for low noise analogue signal chain.
- Operational amplifier and active filter design.
- Buck/Boost switch mode and linear regulator design experience.
- Experience of working in the medical device industry and the application of CE marking directives and applicable device standards.
- Experience in the design of optical fluorescent detection systems.
- Experience and knowledge in the design of electrochemistry interfacing circuitry.
- RF Design experience.
- Ability to co-ordinate with sub-contractors for prototyping and board builds ensuring on time delivery to project timelines.
- Practical experience in the use of PCB layout design tools.
- Digital and mixed signal design experience.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY