Lead System Integration Engineer
Manor Loan, Stirling
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 700 employees worldwide. Due to growth we are recruiting for a Lead System Integration Engineer to join our business on a permanent, full time basis. You will be part of hardware team responsible for end to end delivery of the system integration aspects of the instrumentation hardware. You will be responsible for leading the system integration team in the design, implementation and verification of our IVD instrumentation platform hardware.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be aware of project timelines and contribute to the electronics sections of the project plan with relevant tasks and estimated timescales.
- Create detailed design specifications based on input from product requirements specifications and prototype testing and characterisation.
- Create robust characterisation and test methods to set tolerances and limits on key technical blocks of the instrument design.
- Provide innovative and robust design solutions to identified problem / high risk design areas.
- Review and critique electronic design solutions developed by other team members.
- Ensure that the key functional technical blocks of the instrument are developed, tested and iterated in a robust and rapid manner.
- Lead aspects of defining the total system integration approach and facilities.
- System Analysis of technical requirements using modelling and simulation to provide technical and safety assurance.
- Ability to develop and execute the required verification and validation activities needed to demonstrate the electronics design has met specification.
- Hands-on knowledge in sensors design and experience with MEMS, signal processing and low-noise precision electronics design.
- Good appreciation for analog, digital, wireless, software, mechanical and optical engineering disciplines.
- Hands-on knowledge on test automation platforms like Labview, Python in Arduino/ Raspberry Pi/ ARM microcontroller platforms.
- Use or develop competent knowledge in the required electrical regulations applicable to the development of medical devices.
- Responsible for ensuring the design complies with regulatory standards including EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics/ physics or similar discipline.
- Product design and development experience of complex embedded systems.
- A sound appreciation of the underlying principles of Systems engineering for complex embedded systems.
- Extensive experience of systems integration, preferably relating to medical devices.
- Experience building and scaling system design teams.
- Understanding of the engineering lifecycle for complex products and systems, with emphasis on latter stages.
- Sound decision making and risk analysis skills on software.
- Experience measuring and reporting quality-related metrics.
- Experience of verification and validation activities to achieve certification and delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly to upper management and other stakeholders.
- Experience with PCB design packages like Altium or Similar.
- Experience using mechanical CAD tools like Solidworks, CREO or similar.
- Development using MATLAB (Simulink) or similar analytical tools.
- Proficient with test automation packages like Python, labview.
- Working knowledge of Optical and imaging systems.
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of microfluidic system.
- Working knowledge of magnetic circuits and systems.
- Working knowledge of thermal modelling and system cooling techniques.
- Experience using physics modelling tools like Ansys/ Comsol or similar.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY