Senior Software Engineer
Manor Loan, Stirling
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 700 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
- Maintain and extend the functionality of existing PC based utilities, written in C#, as used in the development, test, manufacture and laboratory use of the company’s core products.
- Design, development and support of new utilities as required to support the ongoing evolution and scale up of the company’s instrument development activities.
- Contribute at all stages of the full software lifecycle from requirements analysis; through design, coding and unit test; to integrating the software with the P as appropriate, laboratory-based acceptance test, delivery and maintenance.
- Contribute to the development of the embedded software required to enable the functionality of the company’s IVD instrument.
- Create and maintain a software system that allows the effective set up of experiments, captures experimental data and allows review and analysis of the experimental data.
- Define and execute the required unit testing verification activities needed to demonstrate the software designs have met their specifications.
- Assist in prototype board debug providing problem analysis, test code if required and solution options.
- Store all software source code, build instructions and special/tools or utilities needed to accomplish the above in a suitably organised GitHub repository.
- Maintain the associated paperwork, logbooks and test reports required to keep a design history of work performed, in line with specified standards and regulations, e.g. IEC 62304, ISO 13485 or FDA 21CFR, part 820
- Ensure compliance with LumiraDx internal quality processes and ensure designs/ideas are compliant with appropriate international standards and guidelines (as above).
- Proven track record in a similar role.
- Experience as part of a scrum team.
- Ability to work well either alone or in a team environment.
- Experience developing safety critical software or for a highly regulated market.
- Ability to translate requirements into design specifications.
- Proficient in C# and have proven experience with communications to external devices.
- Practical experience and in-depth knowledge of an IDE and JTAG debuggers/programmers.
- Use of defect and task tracking software e.g. Jira.
- Experienced with version control systems e.g. SVN / GIT.
- Demonstrable understanding of the role and benefits of Unit Testing and Static Analysis.
- Degree qualified in computer science, software engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Linux as a development target.
- Experience of working in the medical device industry and the application of CE marking directives and applicable device standards.
- Experience in Point of Care and preferably home medical device design and development.
- Practical experience of the product verification and validation cycle for a medical device.
- Experience of using a Requirements Management Tool, e.g. Jama
- Experience of working to IEC 62304, ISO 13485, FDA 21CFR, part 820 (or similar).
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY