Manufacturing Technician (Scion House)
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 700 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Manufacturing Technician based at our Scion House site in Stirling, you will manufacture assay strips that are being developed by LumiraDx Technology. The role is a combination of manual and semi-automated processes. In this role you will be operating a variety of equipment, for example - Universal PLS 4.75 Laser Cutters, Hamilton Microlab ML600 dispensers, manual assembly jig and guillotine.
You will work with a variety of different functions including Scientist, Engineers and Quality.
Current work pattern for this role is 08:30 – 17:30 Monday to Friday, but a level of flexibility may be required to meet business demands.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manufacture disposable test strips in line with SOPs and manufacturing schedule.
- Operate a variety of equipment following SOPs.
- Input all data as each process requires into batch record.
- Visually inspect product carrying out final QC checks before pouching.
- Regularly review and understand daily scheduling requests and responding to amendments as required.
- Maintain and update work instructions as required.
- Comply with written procedures (SOP’s) and GMP.
- Comply with the company’s Health &Safety and QMS policies.
- Ideally from a science based R&D environment or have experience in a regulated manufacturing environment working to recognised quality standard(s).
- High level of personal accountability, coupled with the ability to learn and develop new procedures and processes.
- Ideally from a science based R&D environment OR have experience in a regulated manufacturing environment working to recognised quality standard(s).
- Shows attention to detail and maintains high-quality standards.
- Able to work well in a multi-discipline team by showing initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Must be computer literate and able to follow work instructions.
- Must be a team player who can work with, and influence different people.
- Experience of operating within a medical device manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing/5S techniques.
If you are successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks. Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject. LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY