Head of Facilities Management
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth company. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for delivering all aspects of the facilities management services to all LumiraDx buildings. This includes the manufacturing sites, laboratories and all office buildings. You will also be responsible for recommending and implementing strategic real estate proposals that reflect current and future strategic ambitions of the business; and the sourcing and securing of additional premises across all LumiraDx locations and new locations as the business continues with its ambitious growth plans.
Key areas of responsibility
- Developing and delivering the Property and Facilities Management business strategy, policies and operating procedures
- Effectively managing the Facilities team to deliver a high quality, responsive and pro-active essential services
- Planning for future requirements including new sites to meet organisation growth
- Facilitating and negotiating all commercial premises to accommodate the continuing growth of the business.
- Engaging with business stakeholders to ensure building blueprints meet the needs of the business
- Managing the relationship with all landlords/managing agents for all buildings.
- Negotiating with external suppliers to achieve cost savings whilst maintaining a high level of quality and service.
- Project managing any relevant projects and coordinate with contractors to enable timely delivery.
- Through facilities teams ensure that all staff building moves are completed effectively including liaison with IT and operations.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
- Ensuring that environmental sustainability is embedded into all decisions taken by the team
- Work with the Head of HS&E to ensure that buildings meet all health and safety requirements and comply with Health & Safety legislation including maintenance of records.
- Creating, rolling out and embedding relevant H&S policies and procedures and assess and monitor risks (including but not limited to First Aid, DSE, Accidents, Fire Safety & Evacuation).
- Developing, coaching and mentoring your team
- Communication with multiple stakeholders across the business, ensuring goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives
- Managing the FM budget to ensure effective controls are in place
We are looking for a senior Facilities Management professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment with the following attributes:
- Hold a qualification in Facilities Management and membership of professional body (BIFM)
- Demonstrable experience of leading a high performing team
- Proven track record of managing Manufacturing/ R&D + Commercial Property and Facilities across multiple business sites
- Experience of procurement with demonstrable negotiation skills
- Project Management experience in delivering business-critical programmes
- Experience in procuring and managing FM and maintenance contracts
- Excellent leadership/management skills with the ability to effectively deal with people at all levels
- Familiarity with HS&E best practice
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY