Shift Process Engineer
This role will be working 24/7 shifts in a 365 day Manufacturing Operation. LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
An experienced Process Engineer who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our company.
As a Process Engineer you will support all aspects of the Reel to reel print line and automated manufacturing processes. Providing support to Manufacturing, Quality and Equipment Engineering through process monitoring and continuous improvement activities.
- Product and process performance monitoring.
- Troubleshooting, rapid diagnosis and resolution of problems in existing manufacturing plant & processes, using a methodical approach and report progress in a structured way.
- Statistical analysis, trend monitoring and reporting.
- Determine, categorise and develop mitigation for failure modes.
- Develop & improve manufacturing methods utilising knowledge of product design, materials, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment assembly methods.
- Investigate, root cause & resolve Non-Conformances / Quality Events.
- Be open to self-development and the development of others during the transition from R&D through to volume manufacture.
- Adhere to all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Engage the production team in the identification of cost and inventory reduction initiatives, whilst also striving to streamline workflow.
You will be highly motivated engineer and have excellent proven experience in continuous improvement in a regulated environment with a strong knowledge of how to use data to help improve performance.
Other requirements to be successful in this role are as follows:
- A hands-on Process Engineer with a high level of relevant industry experience.
- Experience of optimising product and processes, medical would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of statistical process controls, capabilities and analysis techniques.
- Experience of executing GRR (gage repeatability and reproducibility) protocols.
- Experience of executing product and process verification protocols.
- Experience of Design of Experiments.
- GMP experience.
- High level of computer literacy in MS Office.
- Competent in documentation and report writing.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY