Senior Software Engineer Linux
Our smarter connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions are designed to enable more effective and cost-efficient patient care. The LumiraDx Platform is a simple, easy to use, portable point of care test system. Its microfluidic technology enables accurate test results in line with those from hospital laboratory analyzers, using small patient samples, including capillary fingerstick blood. Fast results are delivered in minutes at the patient side and can be connected directly into the patient’s health record. The LumiraDx technology is designed to be cost-effective and applicable to many diagnostic assays, with a number of tests already in development - including Covid-19.
Role & Responsibilities
This is a senior level embedded software developer position working close to the hardware where related experience is key. You are innovative, self-motivated, and you know how to match implementation to requirements. You use system-based thinking and thrive as a member of a high performance, agile, multi-disciplinary engineering team that works closely and collaboratively to achieve great results. You know how to manage your time and multiple tasks concurrently and correctly prioritize them. We are specifically seeking experience with Yocto Linux OS.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of software running on our Point of Care (POC) medical device running on an embedded ARM microcontroller platform
- Design, implement, and maintain software tasks, on Linux OS
- Maintain/modify low-level driver and application firmware for peripheral circuits/chips connected to MCU via CAN, USB, SPI, I2C, etc. using interrupts, DMA, thread scheduling, etc.
- Implement unit tests with unit testing frameworks
- Develop software tools and tests to exercise and regression test software features
- Participate in software reviews
- Defect analysis and root cause problem solving
- Contribute to technical requirements, architecture, specifications, and design documentation compliant with our established quality system and design controls
- 7+ years of embedded software engineering experience using C or C++ and Python
- A BS in electrical/electronic engineering, computer science, or computer engineering, or equivalent experience
- You are skilled in the development of embedded software on Linux OS using Yocto, especially Device Tree, and BSP
- Experience in embedded development in IOT or equivalent
- Experience creating clear technical specifications and design documentation
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and independently
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (ex. Google Test, etc)
- Experience working in formal Agile scrum development process (Scrum, Kanban, SAFE)
- Experience with software project management and code repository tools (ex. Jira, Git, Gerrit)
- Experience with use of build automation and continuous integration tools (ex. Yocto, Jenkins, Python)
- Experience with code quality/reliability standards (ex. Cert-C or MISRA) is a plus
- Experience developing software for medical devices (IEC 62304) is a plus
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY.