Alloa OR Eurocentral
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
This role can be based at our site in Alloa OR Eurocentral and travel between both sites may be required. You will also be working across a pattern of 24/7 shifts in a 365 day Manufacturing Operation. You must be prepared to work the shift pattern detailed below:
• Shifts will be a 2, 3, 2 (2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off) on a 2 week Dayshift / 2 week Nightshift Rotation
• You may be required to travel between sites throughout the central belt for the induction and initial training period
Responsible for the safe, compliant, and efficient manufacture of medical test strips using associated equipment within our production environment in line with quality standards and customer demands.
As part of our ever-growing technical team, the role extends to the production of development materials and support of regular new product transfers into manufacturing.
• Manufacture test strips as per standard operating procedures and in line with production schedules.
• Set up and adjust ink deposition valves on every batch to ensure the necessary precision (position and volume) of reagent.
• Carry out production trials to support the development and transition of new products into manufacture.
• Support packaging operation as required to meet customer demand.
• Understand and ensure Critical to Quality (CTQ) variables are carefully controlled to safeguard strip performance and maximise yield.
• Manage materials efficiently within the production area, ensure all issues are highlighted in a timely manner and troubleshoot and resolve where possible.
• Carry out routine monitoring of statistical process control data on the manufacturing line
• Carry out routine maintenance/calibration checks to ensure compliant setup and running of production equipment.
• Carry out duties in line with Lean Manufacturing/5S techniques.
• Complete accurate batch records and relevant audit paperwork.
• Maintain and update work instructions and support the writing and review of standard operating procedures for manufacture.
• Record and communicate all process observations/deviations in a timely manner and raise non-conformances as required, supporting investigation and resolution of these.
• Ensure full compliance with all relevant GMP and HSE requirements.
• Experienced in setting up and running automated manufacturing/processing equipment to meet tight tolerances (eg ink jet printing, laser cutting, liquid dispensing, lamination, packaging).
• Experience within GMP / another regulated manufacturing environment.
• Detail conscious and committed to achieving the accuracy required.
• Computer literate and a good communicator.
• Motivated and able to work well alone and within a group environment.
• Good at problem-solving and troubleshooting.
• Experience of operating within a medical device manufacturing environment.
• Material handling experience.
• Experience of product transfer and validation procedures.
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing / 5S techniques.
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
To apply for this role via our Agency Partner, Michael Page Group, please click APPLY