Senior Material Handler (Fulfillment)
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
The position of Senior Material Handler will initially be based at our site in Stirling before transitioning over to our site in Bathgate.
This position is working days - Monday to Friday.
As an integral member of the Fulfilment Team and wider Operations Team, you will report directly to the Material Manager - Fulfilment. You will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the Material handling, Finished Goods and pick, pack and shipping processes are followed.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that Material Receipt, Stock Control, Material Movement, Logistic Processes and Pick, Pack and Ship processes are followed in line with GxP and local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Organise daily work schedules for the Material Handlers.
- Responsible for mentoring and training the Material Handlers.
- Implement and maintain all warehouse related processes.
- Implement strict control and final sign off of products leaving the warehouse to customer.
- Maintain a high level of stock control.
- Maintain all Electronic systems and required documentation in accordance with SOP’s.
- Work on department continuous improvement activities to improve processes and drive down the Cost of Goods.
- Effective management of QMS documentation (Quality Events, Change Controls etc.,)
- Maintain an excellent level of housekeeping and organisation within the Warehouse areas using lean and 5S principles and techniques.
- Aid in the creation and writing of Material Specifications.
- Ensure materials leave warehouse in good condition
- Ensure correct export paperwork, and accuracy of weights and dims on all outgoing and incoming material
- Act as a role model for Compliance, providing support and guidance for the Material Handlers and colleagues
- Ensure adherence to GxP and all relevant regulatory standards including ISO13485.
- Create a positive working environment that acknowledges and pro-actively supports compliance with GMP.
- Proven experience of working in a similar role.
- Stores Experience in a Medical Device Environment or related Industry
- Experience of using an ERP System.
- Stores and Inventory Management experience, FIFO, FEFO, Kanban and working with chemicals or controlled materials.
- Possess a Fork Lift Licence (Preferably Articulated or Counterbalance Forklift).
- Assertive, resilient and able to adapt to change in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to share knowledge and train colleagues.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Experience of using Netsuite
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business.
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY