Scientist 1 Assay Development
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
You will assist in the development of technology and concepts for the LumiraDx platform, or future LumiraDx products, as part of the technology R&D team.
This role will be as a member of a small team initially, managed by a senior scientist, looking after a laboratory to provide assay reagents to prototype production processes and to test prototype systems, provide analysis of the data, and steer the experimental approaches.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop ideas and methodologies for use in LumiraDx assay platforms.
- Execute appropriate experiments for the purpose of assessing and improving the assay to meet the required performance.
- Carry out testing of prototype systems and develop new testing protocols.
- Analyse experimental data generated and work with the senior scientist to determine next steps.
- Help less experienced members of the assay development team to carry out experiments effectively when required.
- Create and maintain quality records for the purpose of assessing and improving assay methodologies and documenting experiments.
- Lab and lab equipment maintenance, calibration, and compliance with /development of Health & Safety procedures
- Writing and updating lab and project related procedures and documents.
- Completing COSHH assessments as and when required.
- Ensuring you are trained on all appropriate procedures and training new personnel if and when required.
- Ensuring you work in conjunction with the LumiraDx policies and objectives.
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of the process of iterative design optimization
- Skills in problem solving and solution development
- Knowledge of diagnostic immunoassay technology.
- Ability to write clear and concise protocols for complex assay methodologies.
- Basic data analysis and presentation skills
- Ability to follow a protocol precisely and offer recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure laboratory books and other records are completed accurately and timely.
- Computer literacy and experience with standard laboratory / office tools.
- Experience of particle-based immunoassays
- Understanding of factors important to reagent stability, non-specific binding, batch to batch variability and assay interferences
- Knowledge of fluorescent detection methods.
- Knowledge of reagent/conjugation chemistry.
- Experience with whole blood based assays
- Knowledge of Design Control standards
- Experience of Good Laboratory and Good Recording Practice standards
- Experience and understanding of factors important in reagent preparation and drying for use in immunoassays
- Experience working in the IVD industry or within a Quality managed company
- Knowledge and experience of working within a class 1 laboratory environment
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY