LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 1,200 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who will work within our data agile development team and be involved throughout the full development lifecycle with responsibility in the development of information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions. Joining our cutting-edge development team as it grows, you will be a divergent thinker who understands industry best practices and has experience with multiple coding languages. In addition, you will need to be a team player possessing strong analytical as well as technical skills and are able to communicate the logic behind technical decisions to non-tech stakeholders. They must be comfortable working in an agile environment and have the ability to “take the wheel” when necessary.
- Develop, support and nurture API Services on Data Management Platform using technologies of .NET Core (3.1) /NET MVC/WebAPI/ PostgreSQL + Marten/IdentityServer 4
- Experienced front-end developer who can deliver rapid changes to user interface of data Management Platform using following technologies of React/Material UI/Redux/EsLint/Jest/Prettier
- Build modular, reusable components and features following key principles of MVC pattern/Command query Responsibility Segregation/Event Sourcing/ Domain Driven Design and SOLID development principles
- Experience of using Apache Kafka and ElasticSearch for real time streaming data and scalable analytics
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Be an advocate of automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and use experiences to support the teams in these areas
- Support data platforms management on AWS cloud computing environment
- Store all software source code, build instructions and special/tools or utilities needed for development in the company GitHub repository.
- Proven experience as a .NET/Java Developer or Application Developer
- Experience with front-end development using SOLID design principle, ReactJS and Material Design
- Hands-on and demonstrable experience of enterprise systems deployed as micro-services through code pipelines utilizing containerization (Docker).
- Experience of using micro-services for both RESTful based micro-services and also asynchronous processing components decoupled using queueing, or similar.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Experience of cloud (or hybrid) hosted enterprise applications
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Python, D3.js and R)
- Degree qualified in computer science, software engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Extensive experience in Stakeholder Engagement & Management.
To apply to the role, please click APPLY