Electronics Design Manager
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 1,200 employees worldwide.
Role & Responsibilities
The Electronics design Manager is responsible for leading the electronics engineering team in the design, implementation and verification of our IVD instrumentation platform hardware.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Managing and developing teams of electronics development teams across multiple geographical locations
- Ensuring that each team member’s role, tasks and timelines for delivery are clearly defined and communicated.
- Ensure individuals within the team are motivated and developed to reach their potential
- Developing skills of the group which includes career progression plan, development plans etc
- Actively recruit new talents meeting business needs in a timely manner.
- Be aware of project timelines and contribute to the electronics sections of the project plan with relevant tasks and estimated timescales.
- Create detailed design specifications based on input from product requirements specifications and prototype testing and characterisation.
- Create robust characterisation and test methods to set tolerances and limits on key technical blocks of the instrument design.
- Provide innovative and robust design solutions to identified problem / high risk design areas.
- Review and critique electronic design solutions developed by other team members.
- Ensure that the key functional technical blocks of the instrument are developed, tested and iterated in a robust and rapid manner.
- Ensure that the electronic components of the instrument design are integrated into a robust final solution including management of sub-contractor partners where required (PCB fab, board build, component sourcing).
- Work with the chosen contact manufacture and internal colleagues as appropriate to transfer the electronic product design to manufacturing, inclusive of specifying board stage and any intermediate assembly testing required.
- Ability to develop and execute the required verification and validation activities needed to demonstrate the electronics design has met specification.
- Verification/Traceability: Be able to maintain accurate and up to date records of all work carried out in accordance with the quality team/regulatory requirements. Write and execute test protocols and undertake development and verification testing.
- Use or develop competent knowledge in the required electrical regulations applicable to the development of medical devices.
- Assist in the release and implementation of change requests and change orders with appropriate documentations. Ensure change is managed effectively through development in accordance with the quality system.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or similar.
- Experience managing/leading teams.
- Product design and development experience of complex embedded systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of electronics engineering, both tools and processes.
- Sound decision making and risk analysis skills on electronics hardware.
- Experience with schematic and PCB layout design packages.
- Experience with electronics simulation packages.
- Experience in analogue, digital, EMC/ESD and RF design.
- Experience working with C/C++ or any other modern programming language.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards including EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly to upper management and other stakeholders.
- Experience in medical device development.
- Experience measuring and reporting quality-related metrics.
- Good understanding of Altium 365.
- Knowledge and understanding iterative design optimization processes.
- Working knowledge of maintaining design repositories/ database.
To apply to the role, please click APPLY