Lead Electronics Design Engineer
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 1,200 employees worldwide.
Role & Responsibilities
Purpose of the role:
The Lead electronics engineer is responsible for leading the electronics engineering team in the design, implementation and verification of our IVD instrumentation platform hardware.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Be aware of project timelines and contribute to the electronics sections of the project plan with relevant tasks and estimated timescales.
- Create detailed design specifications based on input from product requirements specifications and prototype testing and characterisation.
- Create robust characterisation and test methods to set tolerances and limits on key technical blocks of the instrument design.
- Provide innovative and robust design solutions to identified problem / high risk design areas.
- Review and critique electronic design solutions developed by other team members.
- Ensure that the key functional technical blocks of the instrument are developed, tested and iterated in a robust and rapid manner.
- Ensure that the electronic components of the instrument design are integrated into a robust final solution including management of sub-contractor partners where required (PCB fab, board build, component sourcing).
- Work with the chosen contact manufacture and internal colleagues as appropriate to transfer the electronic product design to manufacturing, inclusive of specifying board stage and any intermediate assembly testing required.
- Ability to develop and execute the required verification and validation activities needed to demonstrate the electronics design has met specifications.
- Use or develop competent knowledge in the required electrical regulations applicable to the development of medical devices.
- Responsible for ensuring the design complies with regulatory standards including EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971
- Managing outsourced development
- Championing use of the collaborative work tool such as Jira and Jama
- Engage in daily-standup meetings and actively collaborate with team members.
- Managing and developing teams of electronics development teams ensuring that each team member’s role, tasks and timelines for delivery are clearly defined and communicated.
- Ensure individuals within the team are motivated and developed to reach their potential
- Developing skills of the group including recruiting of new talent
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or similar
- Product design and development experience of complex embedded systems
- Significant experience of leading and managing teams both local and remote teams
- Experience building and scaling electronics design teams
- Strong technical knowledge of electronics engineering, both tools and processes
- Sound decision making and risk analysis skills on software
- Experience measuring and reporting quality-related metrics
- Experience with schematic and PCB layout design packages
- Experience with electronics simulation packages
- Experience in analogue, digital, EMC/ESD and RF design
- Experience working with C/C++ or any other modern programming language
- Knowledge of regulatory standards including EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971
To apply to the role, please click APPLY